Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I Don't Believe You

I have the best time out on the trail.  I wasn't out door knocking over Christmas. I started back up yesterday and am closing in on 7,000 doors.  The American people are awesome.

Yesterday, I went up to a door, rang the bell and waited. An older lady slid the curtain by the side window over, peeked out and asked, "What do you want?"  I said, "I'm running for Congress in the Republican primary and just wanted......"  "I don't believe you," she replied.  She obviously wasn't going to open the door, so I said, "I'll just leave my information here and you can read it later." 

I wonder if she believes I am actually running for Congress now? <smile> I've not met one person who has ever had a congressional candidate come to their door before. I've had to convince more than one I'm actually running for office.  

A little while later, I received a phone call from a woman in a town where I'd knocked on doors before Christmas. She'd received the flyer and letter I left on her door and said, "I guess one of your people put it there." I said, "No, ma'am, I put it there. I've knocked on over 6000 doors already." She replied, "God bless you for what you are doing! Wow! That's a lot of work!"

It IS a lot of work, but America, our children and grandchildren are worth it.

Here's a photo from the trail yesterday. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment