Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally, Winston-Salem, NC

On Friday, June 8, 2012, I coordinated the second Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally held here in Winston-Salem, NC.  The first rally I coordinated was held back on March 23 of this year and had 250 plus participants.  The rally on June 8, was slightly smaller. 

Pastor Larry Phillips speaks at the rally
I wasn't able to get the media to come out as effectively as I had at the previous rally. FOX 8 just refused to show up.  WXII and the Winston-Salem Journal showed up.  The Journal actually did a nice article about the rally.  The only problem with the article is that the reporter didn't give an accurate count.  He failed to count properly the last time, too!  The article can be read here. The reporter even quoted my son.  That's my boy!

I opened the rally with a few announcements and let the crowd know we were gathering on the 223 anniversary of the day James Madison introduced the Bill of Rights, with its guarantee of religious freedom, to the First Congress.   I also told them that I was officially a hippie after attending two protests in one week.  That is where I got the idea for this blog!  I don't advocate free love, I'd prefer that they pay for their own love and birth control.  Before I introduced Charlie Breeding, our emcee, I ended with a quote from Andrew Jackson's farewell address: "But you must remember, my fellow citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty and you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government."

A family participating in the rally
The fight against the HHS mandate didn't end on Friday and it will continue until we reverse the HHS mandate or we repeal Obamacare in its entirety. We must continue to stand for liberty and freedom so that the United States of America can continue to be that shining city upon a hill.

Please click on the video label to see videos and hear the speakers from the June 8th rally.  Here are a few pictures from the day:


Two of our local priests

Fr. Rossi speaks at the rally
Major Dave speaks at the rally
speakers waiting












For more information on the Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rallies in Winston-Salem, NC, visit the FB page here. Another great article on our rally can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment