Thursday, June 28, 2012

SCOTUS Obamacare Ruling

The liberals may have won a portion of the battle today, but they are far from winning the war.  Within one hour of the SCOTUS ruling, the Romney campaign website went down because too many people were trying to access it.  As of this writing, the Romney campaign has raised 1.5 million dollars -- that's just 7 hours folks!

A Winston-Salem Journal reporter contacted me today.  He asked for my reaction to the SCOTUS ruling in 3-4 lines. Here is what I said: "I am absolutely appalled that the SCOTUS decided that the mandate was unconstitutional under the commerce clause, but upheld it as a tax. This is the largest tax increase on the middle class in American History. The Supreme Court doesn’t have the final say in the matter, however. We the people will have the final say in the November election."  When he emailed to ask if using my name, town and "conservative grassroots organizer" I agreed, though my business cards say I am a community organizer (they really do).

The war is far from over.   We the people will speak in November.  We need to keep the majority in the House, win a majority in the Senate and take back the White House.  Game on.  I am going to work hard to ensure we win in November so that we can repeal Obamacare in its entirety.

The SCOTUS did today was kick it up a notch.  Are you in the game or are you going to sit on the sidelines?  We can win the war if we win big in November-- winning in November is going to take a lot of work. Get involved. Find a GOP headquarters near you and volunteer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment