Tuesday, February 2, 2016

8000th Door!

One day, I'll have to write a book about this. I have such an amazing time going door to door. I know liberals don't understand my sense of humor or laughter in the face of unkind folks but, well, so what!?  These stories are real life on the trail.

Yesterday, I went to a door and it ended up being REALLY funny! I knocked on the door. A man answered, looked at me and said, "You're not welcome here,' as he started to slam the door. I just looked on in disbelief and said, "Okay."  All of a sudden, I see a hand catch the swinging door and his head pops out and he said, "I am so sorry! I thought you were someone else!"

We laughed and talked for a bit. He was wearing a shirt that said, "Obamacare: bend over and take it." So you can see why we would hit it off. Before I left, he laughed and said, "You're not welcome here, I am so sorry!" Laughing at his original mistake for confusing me with someone else. Oh my goodness, what a funny situation that was.

Today, I knocked on my 8000th door! By the day's end, I had a total of 8,071 doors knocked.  On to 9,000! My goal is in sight! I am hoping to make 10,000 doors before early voting begins on March 3.

8,071 doors and I've still only met 7 folks who support my opponent. Sunday, more than half of the people at the 92 doors I visited were home. Yesterday, I made it to 174 doors, maybe about 30% were home- I find that most days 30-40% of the people are home. So, only meeting 7 folks so far who will tell me they support FOXX is a good sign, in my opinion.

There are quite a few who don't say either way, but the majority of the folks I am meeting are PISSED off. I say pissed because they are beyond angry.

We the people will make our voices heard in DC.


No comments:

Post a Comment