Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trip to DC

I'm planning a trip to DC. It is my hope that I can put a face to the families with sick kids negatively affected by Obamacare.  I put in a request with my representative, Virginia Foxx and both of the senators from North Carolina. I'm betting Kay Hagan won;t have time to meet with me-- especially after I confronted her about Obamacare a few years ago here in my town!

My plan is to go up on a Wednesday and meet with them. I've let them know my ultimate goal and if I can;t meet with other senators and representatives, I'm willing to go back another day to talk to them.

I wrote this the other day:

 I'm going to Washington, DC. Kay Hagan doesn't want to see the likes of me again, but she is my senator and she WILL hear my voice. I WILL put a face to the families with chronically ill kids being harmed by her vote for Obamacare. I'm going to make appointments with any senator and representative who will allow me to speak to them. The train fair is $135 and I won't even need a hotel. I can do it in a whirlwind 24 hr trip. Hubby doesn't think it will do any good, but I can't let those people destroy my family, the lives of my children without a fight. I can't complain about what Obamacare is doing to my family and families like mine yet do nothing. I'm just an average American mom who believes all things are possible with Christ. I will suit up with His armor and I will be unstoppable. Prayer warriors- pray for me! Just as I finished writing this, the song "I won't back down" started. I take that as a sign. "I won't back down. You could stand me up at the gates of hell and I won't back down."


No comments:

Post a Comment