Saturday, February 16, 2013

Families Negatively Affected by Obamacare

How's Obamacare working out for folks?  Apparently, not so well. 

One mom told me today that she went to pick up two of her son's medications that used to be covered 100% and the cost was $252 for them both. She has to contact the doctor to see if there are other options for her son.  Another mom tells me that one of her daughter's prescriptions for migraine headaches went from a $65 co-pay last year to a $170 co-pay this year. 

I share this so that folks know we are not the only family negatively affected by Obamacare.  Most of our co-pays have gone up-- the biggest one being a drug that protects my son's kidneys. For five years prior to Obamacare, it had a $150 co-pay.  This year it has a co-pay of $495.03.

Obamacare passed in 2010 and in 2011, my son's med co-pay jumped to $283 and in 2012 it went up to $343. We were really hoping the co-pay would only go up to about $400 this year. I was completely shocked when I found out in 2 weeks we will have to pay $495.03 to refill it ($1980.12 per year for ONE medication)

If you are a family negatively affected by Obamacare, please like this page on Facebook: Families Negatively Affected by Obamacare

No comments:

Post a Comment