Friday, November 16, 2012

What's My Beef?

What is it that liberals don't get? Any discussion of the decreased flex spending brings up musings about how we should feel grateful for what the government allows us to do. Forget that!

Grateful, my @ss. I am NOT going to feel grateful because my overreaching government ALLOWS me some meager tax deduction via my flex spending account. How about this? Instead of flex spending accounts, our government allows us to deduct all medical expenses? Why shouldn't we be able top deduct all medical expenses and thus gain a tax savings of $1,000 - $1,500 a year-- and eliminate the need for flex spending at all? THEN, we can use that $1000-$1500 to pay for our own children's medical expenses? How about that!?

To go further.... the decreased flex spending is what hurts my family the most because it is a way we decrease our taxable income AND it helps us pay off the medical expenses we incur at the beginning of the year. However, with the increased premiums, co-pays, deductibles and out of pocket maximums, even leaving the flex spending limit the same would not help us too much. Decreasing the limit just drives the last nail further into the coffin.

I could write poem titled, "Obamacare, how many ways you hurt us." There are quite a few unknowns, of course. What we do know is that the cost increases, increased taxes and decreased flex spending WILL hurt my family. We will run our of credit to pay for the boys' medications. What we don't know: Will my son's medication pump be taxed via the new medical device tax and thus increase our costs? Will our co-pays escalate again for the third year in a row? Will my husband have a job?

As people are getting laid off since the election, we are grateful that hubby still has a job. We honestly do not know how we will make it through next year in a financially stable position. Obamacare will crush us and for that, I am not grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment